Irvine Ranch Conservancy will be leading an advanced ride in Limestone Canyon tomorrow for highly experienced mountain bikers. Riders will have the opportunity to explore Limestone Canyon and experience beautiful views, diverse native plants and animals.
The ride is organized by OC Parks and will be from 6:30 a.m. to 8:30 a.m., starting from the Augustine staging area in the Limestone Canyon Nature Preserve
Organizers caution there will be multiple very steep climbs, with an approximate elevation gain of 2,200 feet over 10 miles. This hard ride is for expert adult-only riders in excellent physical condition. This ride includes natural trail hazards such as sand, tree roots, ruts, and exposed rocks.
Unprepared riders may be turned away. Please have plenty of water, snacks, and all the items you will need to keep you healthy on the trail. Conditions can change rapidly and we suggest you have sun protection, a helmet, and gloves.
Please note that you will be asked to adhere to the following protective measures during the activity in order to participate:
- Each individual adult must bring with them a signed liability waiver. Minors may be added to the waiver of their respective parent or legal guardian. The form will not be available on site.
- The waiver can be accessed and downloaded for print at home use here: IRC Liability Waiver 2020.05✎ EditSign
- Be registered in advance, no walk-up registration is permitted.
- Arrive with all necessary equipment to keep you safe on the trail, including water, proper attire, and closed-toe footwear, first aid, health needs etc.
- Restrooms will be available, but facilities will not be sanitized for each individual.
- You may be prevented from participating if you do not adhere to the above protocols.
Additionally, in an effort to respect and protect all employees, volunteers, and participants, please do not sign up or attend if you are not feeling well, exhibiting any symptoms of illness or have been in recent contact with someone who was ill.
For more information, click here.